Subject: L68K: new amiflop driver for testing
From: "J." Dorchain <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 18:21:17 +0100 (MET)

Hi all,

this is an improved version of the amiga floppy driver. It is posted as a
drop in replacement for the existing files, because the diff would be
twice as large as the single file (almost nothing remained at the same
place). Keep backups of your old files!

Main enhancement:

- at least reading multiple drives the same time should be ok now.
  (writing seems to have a sporadic race condition - I wasn't able to track
  it down). Anyway, writing only one drive a time works, so it shouldn't be
  worse than the old.

- Now there is a separate trackbuffer for each drive, only allocated if 
  there is a drive. This you speed things up if you really use multiple
  drives.

As usual, comments and patches are welcome. I tested it with one HD and
one DD drive (fd0 and fd1 respectivly)

Many tracks ;-)

Joerg

[tar file here is in joerg-amiflop.tar.gz]